Treatment of Excessive Sweat
Wet armpits, palms, and soles may cause huge discomfort and limit movements and communication with other people. Often, various hygienic measures, such as deodorants ant antiperspirants, can temporarily solve the condition, but will not entirely eliminate this unpleasant phenomenon.
Hyperhidrosis or excessive sweat can be controlled with botulinum toxin injections by “switching off” or denervation f certain sweat glands. Medication blocks the transmission of nerve impulses into sweat glands, while decreasing the secretion of sweat and stabilizes perspiration in the affected areas.
- Treatment is performed under local anesthesia and lasts up to 30 minutes.
- Results occur within 2 to 4 days.
- The method is safe and painless.
- The effect is long-lasting.
- Does not disturb everyday activities.
Clinical researches show that long-term treatment prolongs the effect therefore the procedure has to be repeated less often.
- Do not massage the injected areas.
- One week after the treatment, do not sunbathe or tan otherwise, do not go to steam bath or sauna.
At our clinic, you will be consulted by a physician who, having evaluated your complaints, your skin condition will provide you with full information on the best method of treatment in each separate case.