Laser Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Hemorrhoids are the enlargement of cavernous bodies around the rectum. Cavernous bodies start growing due to the failure of their vein valves and the abnormal accumulation of vein blood.
The following factors influence the formation and growth of hemorrhoids:
- Chronic constipation or diarrhea.
- Sedentary life style or long hours in standing position.
- Excessive weight.
- Repetitive of heavy objects.
Patients with enlarged hemorrhoid knots experience discomfort around anus, itching and irritation, small amounts of light blood during bowel movements, protruding or prolapsed hemorrhoid lumps.
Treatment depends on the stage of hemorrhoids.
During treatment, laser emitted energy is absorbed by hemoglobin in the blood vessels of hemorrhoid lumps. Unlike in surgical operations when hemorrhoid lumps are cut out, in this case blood vessels are glued together, thus hemorrhoid lumps are shrunk.
- A much less complicated post-operative period (minimal need for painkillers).
- A safe and effective method.
- Painless bowel movements after treatment.
- Work capacity is disrupted by 80 percent less than after surgery.
In laser treatment of hemorrhoid lumps, one procedure will give sufficient results.
- To avoid constipation (to consume sufficient amount of liquids and include fiber in your diet).
- To take medication only prescribed by your physician.
- For 2 to 3 weeks, do not use steam bath.
- For 2 to 3 weeks, take only shower.
- For 1to 2 weeks, do not consume alcohol.
At our clinic, you will be consulted by a physician who, having evaluated your complaints, examination results, your general condition and medical history, after having performed necessary tests will provide you with full information on the best method of treatment in each separate case.