Acne is a common skin condition, affecting almost 85 percent of people.
During puberty both in girls and boys, an increase in sex hormones called androgens causes the skin fat glands to grow larger and make more oily sebum which clogs the ducts and misbalances the secretion of fat. Acne can vary in the levels of acuteness. Stress, tension, emotional suffering can aggravate the condition. If untreated, it can develop inflammatory rash and abscesses, painful red knots or festering cysts.
We offer individual treatment under constant medical supervision depending on the acuteness of your condition.
Acne can be treated with:
- Antibiotics, in case of acute conditions.
- Oral synthetic retinoid for reducing fat secretion.
- Hormonal contraceptive pills.
- Pharmaceutical treatments in average lasts from 2 to 3 months or longer.
2. Laser or intense pulsed light (IPL). This method is one of the newest in acne treatment. Its essence lies in destroying bacteria, responsible for the condition, by altering the body’s’ immune response and influencing the surrounding blood vessels, affected by the inflammation.
Acne bacteria produce and accumulate porphyrins that absorb energy, emitted by laser or IPL.The process stimulates the formation of free radicals, responsible for destroying bacteria. The essence of this treatment is to reduce the size of fat glands and to normalize its secretion.